Notice

All photos of this blog are copyrighted to them unless otherwise stated.

2022年10月14日金曜日

Bird banding

 Even though into October, can see only a small number of migrating birds here as ever.

Around 2006, when I became passionate about wild bird photography, I often saw people doing something with fowling nets at the dried riverbed I frequented. When I asked him what he was doing, he told me he was doing a wild bird banding survey, catching wild birds with fowling nets, and then releasing them into the wild after attaching leg rings.

According to the Ministry of the Environment website and the Yamashina Institute for Ornithology (located in my resident city), tagging surveys involve attaching “tags” such as leg rings and collars that can distinguish each bird and release them, and observing and recapturing them. It is said that it is a survey to clarify the movement and age of birds.

I'll upload pictures I took when I was enthusiastic about it, but I rarely see wild birds caught by researchers with fowling nets these days.










0 件のコメント:

Ural owl (2)

 Chicks that are fledglings of Ural owls Continuing on from the previous post.                                Female parent watching her c...