Notice

All photos of this blog are copyrighted to them unless otherwise stated.

Monday 20 May 2024

Eurasian Wren






The Japanese name for this wild bird, which has an extensive habitat range worldwide, is Misosazai, which seems strange and unintelligible.

I wanted to know the origin of the name, so I looked it up on the internet and found that it makes sense.

It is said to have been thought of in view of the situation.

The name was believed to be inspired by the fact that this wild bird inhabits dark, narrow streams in the mountains and mountain forests, where rocks of different sizes are strung together.

This Japanese name Misosazai (misosazai) consists of two adjectives. One of them is miso, the other sazai.

It is said that the original name was called mizosasai, but the pronunciation changed over time and became misosazi.

  Ditch (pronounced mizomiso溝、ミゾミソ): ditch, ditch, boulder-strewn slopes.

  Trivial (pronounced sasaisazai些細、ササイサザイ): tiny, small, ever-so-slight

 

In summary, it means a small wild bird that inhabits a dimly-lit stream.

Speaking of the Japanese name. Misosazai, I photographed this bird 20 years ago when it was under a small bridge over a rainwater drainage ditch in the city's mountains and forests.

This time is not to come to take the Eurasian Wren.

I spent four and a half hours to reach a ravine 1,200 m above sea level from my home to photograph another wild bird, but the bird I wanted to photograph was already nesting and I couldn't see it.

The boardwalk to the destination took 16,300 round-trip steps.

 

Now that I'm 82, I've heard that thinking and producing longer sentences can help prevent dementia, so I'm making an effort to do so.

Now that I'm 82, I've heard that thinking and producing longer sentences can help prevent dementia, so I've been making an effort to do so.

 

 

 

 

 

 






 

No comments:

The crazy temperature has been continuing, including heavy rain.

                        Japanese soba noodles↑   Unaju↡